Tuesday 15 November 2011

Heading home

Heading home today and looking forward to it. Mind I'm looking forward to the train journey too - a rare delight.
Council has been quite an experience this time around. There is a distinct feeling - maybe its just me, of change ahead. That maybe things will never be quite the same again - understandably so, necessarily so. As I blogged yesterday, this - it seems, is not easy for most of us at Council to digest emotionally? spiritually? Yet as I have said in recent months and days to various folks, it seems like a number of paradigm shifts are ahead in Christian ministry. The question is, can we understand them and surf them?

Slightly worrying about the european news this morning. Mild alarm bells beginning to ring in my head about when Germany gets left to be the dominant european force. Don't want to say anything more about that, but surely it's in our minds?

Have managed to get a few bits of written work done in the last few days; only so that they are begun. I have a leaders evening this Friday and then a sermon to prepare, completing my series on "A life in the day of ..." with a preach from the genealogy of Jesus, in Matthew's Gospel.

I have bought a 2nd hand monitor on ebay for my office computer - my existing one has been showing duff behaviour. But I cannot put off the major heart transplant question much longer, which is that I need a need computer at the office. I have always financed my own, and I guess 10 years of use on this PC, even with jumped up memory, brings it now to the end of its useful life.

No comments: